Holiday Post

So every day I think to myself that I really need to post something but then I can't really think of what to post. I've decided today is the day I will finally come up with something brilliant...or maybe I'll just fill my life and what's been going on recently.

What made up my Thanksgiving Break:
1)Flags for some good cheesy fries. This place to any outside eye would seem like just a regular truck stop but to those who know it better know it as a great hang out for maladites...maladians...oh you get the point. 2)Your typical thanksgiving dinner. Don't worry, the cheesy fries weren't for the acutal thanksgiving feast. My mom whipped up a fabulous meal as always. This is the best photo I got at the table. 3)Boise, Idaho because my dad is a crazy boise state fan and there was a game the next day.

4)Black Friday shopping. I was ever so frightened to do it because I never had but it turned out to be totally worth it. But I learned a few things and that was to never buy a candy bar from a fabric store and to always head to the movie bins (office season 3 for $13.00, woohoo).
O Christmas Tree
So I kept telling Mikey I wanted to put up my little Christmas tree but there's no room at my place, and I'm never there anyway. The only thing that made sense was to put it up at his place. He didn't seem to keen on the idea. I begged and pleaded but to my dismay I didn't think it was going to happen. Well a couple days later I walked in his place and found this little tree (predecorations). He surprized me and put it up proving he was no Christmas scrooge.

O Wendover
I recently made my first trip to Wendover. As my brother-in-law, Tim, would ask, "ain't you got no shame girl". It was a lot of fun as obvious from my expression (yikes).

New Job
As for other news, I just got a new job as a medical assistant and really ecstatic about it. I'm sad to be leaving my reception job but ready to experience something new.

3 comments:

meagan said...

Melissa, it looks like you had such a fun break! Glad to see that you have a cute little tree to get you in the Christmas spirit. Hope that finals aren't too crazy for you and congrats on the new job!

Derek and Alaina said...

I finally tracked down your blog!! Again congrats on the new job!

rlw said...

You need to plan a trip to Denver to teach me how to make chocolates! I'm glad I found your blog!
Rachael