Today at work

So I'm here at the health center (where I work) the day before thanksgiving. Work is calmer than ever. No on is in Provo. So now I ask...Why am I still here and not in Idaho? I love work and I love this fine college town, but I'm a little anxious to get my holiday started.
.....

I just read my first paragraph and realized its full of complaint. This is certainly no way to get my holiday started, expecially considering its the holiday of gratitude. To cure this, I'll do what any dutiful blogger should do during this blessed holiday, and blog about what I'm thankful for. But lets add a twist; I will call this blog:

Why I'm Thankful For The Student Health Center On The Day Before Thanksgiving:


  1. The fabulous fellow reception squad members: they type with speed and accuacy, schedule appointments in a flash, get even the naughtiest child with a nasty cough to wear a face mask, and all of this is done with a smile.


  2. The cheese ball and crackers in the phone room - thank you Megan


  3. MSN messenger - so I can send secret messages to my coworkers even when we're setting four feet apart. It makes me look busy in those slow moments.


  4. The loads of time i've had to do homework...oh wait, I'm not doing homework right now.


  5. The intellectual disscussions about Twilight that i have with Erika and Heather. "So what did you think of the movie?" "I loved the dynamics of the characters....blah blah blah." We are like thirteen year olds trying to hold a book club meeting, but we love it.


  6. Fresca from the vending machines.


  7. Friendly customers who chat with me about their plans for tomorrow.

Well that's about as grateful as I can get. :) In about six and half hours I'll be the freeway heading to my Idaho. Oh and I won't be heading along. I'll be carpooling with this little guy.

Here's the story, my cousin's wife bought the dog but didn't know how to get it home. I'm closest to its home so I get to be the transporter of this special holiday delivery. My one concern is that is poops in my car. My mom's ingenious idea was to tie a plastic bag to its butt. I don't know if I'll be doing that, mostly because I don't want a call from the humane society.


Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Ha ha ha I love your mom! That is hilarious! Also, I totally agree. Tie a bag to it's butt. Do it!