Oh Wow…Best Forward Ever

So I’m not really one for forwards but today I received one from my little sister and it made my day. It holds so much truth and I laughed at every comment on it. I don’t know who originally wrote it, but to whomever it was I give you full credit. You are genius.

"You know you're from Malad when...
-Your last name is either Hess, Evans, Williams, Thomas or Jones.
-You are mostly Welsh.
-You are the shortest of all of your friends. -Your favorite adolescent activities were pumice jumping, playing Sardines, Rambo or toilet-papering.
-You went to school with at least four of your cousins.
-Your schoolteachers were your friends parents.
-Your schoolteachers confuse you for your older siblings.
-Your parents are either farmers, schoolteachers or work at Hess Pumice, La-Z-Boy, Thiokol or Nucor.
-As you drive you have the urge to wave at people in passing cars.
-You are slightly suspcious of traffic lights.
-You laugh when people don't understand four-way stops.
-Drive a car from the previous decade and was probably previously driven by your older siblings. -You knew everyone in your graduating class.
-Know gossip about your friends before they do.
-Miss the mountains when you leave home.
-Use words like 'borrow pit, 'jockey box' and 'sluffing school'.
-Samaria isn't a place in Israel, Saint John isn't a Catholic saint, Stone isn't another name for a rock, the Summit isn't the peak of a mountain...
-You've had the same haircutter, doctor or dentist for your entire life.
-You knew some of your teachers by their first names and may have had their #s in your phone.
-You have hiked to the M.
-You remember the time that school and church was cancelled for a week because of the flu. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4188/is_20031206/ai_n11424125
-You remember the pipe bomb that was diffused in the courthouse parking lot.
-You laugh at all the "Lotto-Day Saints" that come up from Utah to play the lottery when it gets huge.
-You miss Paula's Sandwich Shop.
-Whenever you come home you have to eat at the Drive-In, the Dude Ranch or Tillie's just to make the trip complete. -Your summer jobs were provided by the city or county (cemetery, parks, lifeguarding, road crew), or worked on the family farm or on the sod farms.
-You've had some of the same friends since Kindergarten.
-You go anywhere and someone knows somebody from Malad.
-Your parents are best-friends with your best-friends parents.
-You had a specific parking spot at the high school.
-You could find your parents pictures in the old school yearbooks and the senior class pictures in the halls of the high school.
-You've learned, from sad experience, that the weather in Idaho can change with the drop of a hat.
-You have no qualms with playing in the rain.
-Humidity kills you.
-You have one rockin' farmer's tan and your lips are always chapped.
-Know what 4-H is and have entered a project in the county fair.
-Once a year you go to Lagoon and the State Fair.
-Compare the 4th of July fireworks with the previous year and the result is always different.
-You love the unique festivities in Malad like The Welsh Festival and the Christmas Parade. -On the last day of school you rode your bike to school, had a waterfight or went swimming.
-A Friday night isn't fulfilled unless you cruise Main Street, hang out at the corner or eat at the Drive-in. -You've become adept at entertaining yourself no matter how bleak and boring your situation may be.
-When you leave home you realize that not everyone is as awesome as people from Malad."

2 comments:

Nate & Lindsey said...

I totally agree. I only didn't do like 4 of those things on the list. I love your guts.

meagan said...

I got this forward to and started laughing about it. I'm so glad you made it a post (I'm much too lazy for that) The pictures were also great- makes me miss home. Hope that you are surviving this busy time of year at school!